2008/05/31

100 000 visitors milestone!


Well, honest, This blog started as a joke! I just wanted to improve my knowledge for my school's blog and then 6 months later... Thanx to all the people who helped and thanked in so many different ways: John (Absolute knowledge, great man and top 'toff), Dave (kept my chin up so many times), Niels (Very interesting man), Flavio (cpt stax!), Claire (dream maker), Mike (good will uploader), Ian S (web's grabber to find some new boots (and panties?)), Manu, Marco, Jan (the Wonder three), Mark (links sender), Mike from Brighton (absolute gent), Liz (Photos sender), Simon Franklin (Mojo provider and scanning boy), Mick Taylor (Small Faces man), Fred and his cool blog etc, Allan, Callan,...Splinters can be really great. I went to the Bournemouth's gig because Splinterite Claire gave me two tickets she could have sold for maximum price on E bay, I've almost every two or three days something in my mail box which is related to Splinters... and I've even met JC the Man by going with him to a Paul's gig in Brussels. He came home to go with me, we never met before. Snap...lol, the first boot in my mailbox... Snap... Bournemouth...Snap... Meeting John, JC and all the wonderful people of Pete Meaden's new army...Snap... Dave and Chris' Blog...Snap...etc... Sending cds to USA, New Zealand...You know what I mean...Keep the Splinters' spirit alive! It's all too beautiful!

(Sent by Wigzy)

2 comments:

amanda said...

just visiting your blog - it's lovely...
so glad you love splinters! i started it so long ago - and even though i'm not an active participant anymore, i'm still SO proud that the people on the list are like a little family. :)
-amanda (modmother)

YV said...

I absolutely want to thank you, Amanda, it was so cool to disvocer all your site and work and knowledge on the splinters list a lopng time ago. I've always thought it was my time to keep the flame, your flame, burning. I still hope that someone will take my blog and put the boat out to see new horizons. Thanx again! I think my first contact with you was in 1998 before Weller paris' gig. Not sure... Anyway, thanx a lot...