2011/11/02

SoulBounce Article about Amy Winehouse's "Hidden treasures" (The Capt Stax)


I'm not 100% sure how I feel about the news that Island Records will be releasing a new Amy Winehouse album, Lioness: Hidden Treasures, on December 5th. One half of me, the greedy half, cannot wait to get my hands on some new material from one of my favorite singers. However, the other half of me feels that it's all a bit soon, giving that its release will occur less than six months after her passing. Whatever your feeling on the matter, it's happening and has the blessing of Amy's family, so I find it hard to be too cynical. The album's tracklist including a brief description of each song can be seen after the bounce, and includes her version of The Shirelles' "Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow" (my favorite version of that song), her duet with Tony Bennett on "Body and Soul," a handful of new material recorded in 2008 with Salaam Remi, and a cover of the Leon Russell/Donny Hathaway classic "A Song For You." I'm guessing that the album will be worth the purchase price for the latter alone. Also, £1 from each album purchased (in the UK at least) will go towards the work of the Amy Winehouse Foundation, a charity set up in her memory to help out vulnerable youngsters around the world. [H/T: PBB]

No comments: